University Student Leadership Awards (USLAs)
Virginia Tech’s annual University Student Leadership Awards [USLAs] recognize individuals and organizations that have made significant contributions to the Virginia Tech campus and community. The USLAs are a great way to celebrate your accomplishments. Clubs, organizations, programs, individuals, service projects –there are twelve awards that cover a wide range of student-led initiatives.
- Nominations are due Friday, April 12, 2013. Presentation takes place at an awards ceremony on April 25, 2013 in Commonwealth Ballroom, Squires Student Center.
- Each year the Department of Student Centers and Activities in the Division of Student Affairs coordinates the recognition of achievements made by our university’s students, student organizations, and advisors.
- Students, faculty, and staff are given the opportunity to make nominations for the twelve prestigious awards. They include awards for Achievement by an Individual, Community Outreach, Hokie Spirit, Student Organization of the Year, Program of the Year, and more.
- Nomination packets are reviewed by the USLA selection committee, which is comprised of representatives from across campus.
- When evaluating nominees for an award, the selection committee looks for the extent to which nominees have contributed to the university community through leadership, service, and involvement.
Contact Steve Burrell at firstname.lastname@example.org
Completing the Nomination Packet
You may nominate another person for one of the University Student Leadership Awards, an organization of which you are a part, or you may apply for an award yourself.
The due date for complete nomination packets is Friday, April 12, 2013 at 5 p.m. Only completed packets will be considered. If a packet includes recommendation letters, these should be submitted together. Recommendation letters should not be sent separately.
Nominations will be judged based on the criteria listed on each award form, as well as the appearance of the packet. We recommend that all forms and letters be completed in a professional manner, as well as any supporting documentation.
All contents should be on white paper, paper clipped together (not stapled), and three-hole punched, with the award form on top. Please submit 4 copies of your application.
All completed nomination packets should be submitted to:
Department of Student Centers and Activities
Attn. USLA Coordinator
225 Squires Student Center (0138)
Blacksburg, VA 24061